This dish pairs particularly well with Bogle Sauvignon Blanc!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 24 minutes
Ready in: 39 minutes
● 2 1/2 lb. tomatillos, peeled and halved
● 3 small jalapenos, seeded and halved
● 1 large yellow onion, quartered
● 5 cloves garlic, peeled
● 3 T. olive oil, divided
● 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
● 2 limes, juiced
● Sea salt & pepper, to taste
● 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
● 1 1/2 cups sour cream or Mexican crema
● 1 T. ground cumin
● 1 lime, juiced
● 2 (13 oz.) bags tortilla chips
● 5 cups Monterey Jack cheese
● 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
● 1 (2.25 oz.) can pitted sliced black olives, drained
● 2 small jalapenos, seeded and sliced
● 3 small radishes, thinly sliced
● Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. For chicken: Preheat the oven to broil and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place tomatillos, jalapenos, onion and garlic on a prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Broil, tossing vegetables occasionally, until dark golden brown and tender, about 10-14 minutes.
2. In a blender, puree roasted vegetables, cilantro and lime juice until smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil. Add tomatillo mixture and chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is fully heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
4. For assembly: Combine sour cream, cumin and lime juice in a small bowl. Place tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet. Top with cheese, and broil until melted, about 3-5 minutes. Top with chicken mixture, avocados, olives, jalapenos, radishes and cilantro. Dollop with sour cream mixture and serve.
Tip: This dish pairs particularly well with Bogle Sauvignon Blanc!