Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes (plus resting time)
● Olive oil, for greasing
● 1 cup warm water (110-115°F)
● 1 tsp granulated sugar
● 1 tsp active dry yeast
● 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
● 1 tsp kosher salt
● 1/2 cup tomato sauce
● 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
● 1/4 tsp kosher salt
● 3/4 cup grated manchego cheese
● 3 oz Spanish-style chorizo, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
● 1/4 cup cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
● 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
● 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. For crust: Generously grease a large bowl with olive oil and set aside. Combine water,
sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Mix on
low speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Let stand until yeast is foamy, about 5
minutes. Add flour and salt. Mix on medium speed until a smooth dough is formed, about
3 to 6 minutes. Transfer dough to the prepared bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest
until doubled in size, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
2. Place pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. On a lightly floured surface, press
dough into a 14-inch round circle. Transfer dough round to lightly floured pizza peel.
3. For topping: In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, paprika and salt. Spread tomato
sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with cheese, chorizo, mushrooms and
red peppers, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Quickly slide pizza onto preheated pizza stone.
Bake, rotating pizza halfway through, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted,
about 5 to 8 minutes. Top with parsley. Slice and serve with Merlot.