This pizza pairs beautifully with Bogle Chardonnay!
Shop Bogle Wines …
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes (plus resting time)
● Olive oil, for greasing
● 1 cup warm water (110-115°F)
● 1 tsp granulated sugar
● 1 tsp active dry yeast
● 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
● 1 tsp kosher salt
● Olive oil, for brushing grates
● 1/2 small eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
● 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
● 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
● 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
● 2 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
● 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
1. For crust: Generously grease a large bowl with olive oil and set aside. Combine water,
sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Mix on
low speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Let stand until yeast is foamy, about 5
minutes. Add flour and salt. Mix on medium speed until smooth dough is formed, about 3
to 6 minutes. Transfer dough to the prepared bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest
until doubled in size, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
2. For topping: Heat a large grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
Working in batches, grill eggplant, pepper and red onion, turning occasionally, until lightly
charred and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Cut peppers into 1/4-inch slices.
3. On a lightly floured surface, press dough into a 14-inch round circle. Transfer dough round
to lightly floured pizza peel. Quickly slide dough round onto grill. Grill until char marks
appear, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip dough round over and top with cheese, grilled
vegetables and mushrooms, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Continue to grill, covered, until
crust is golden-brown and cheese is melted, about 5 to 8 minutes. Top with basil.
Slice and serve with Chardonnay