White Bean Bruschetta
1 head garlic
1/3 cup olive oil, divided
1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
16 baguette rounds
4 prosciutto slices, cut into 4 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice top 1/4 inch from top of head of garlic to expose cloves slightly. Place head, cut side up, on sheet of foil; pour 1 tbsp oil over top. Seal foil tightly around garlic.
2. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Let cool completely. Squeeze out garlic from skins.
3. Mash half of the white beans with the roasted garlic cloves. Toss with remaining beans and oil, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; set aside.
4. Preheat broiler to high; position rack in center of oven. Arrange baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden and toasted.
5. To serve, top each baguette toast with white bean bruschetta mixture and a piece of prosciutto.
Pair with Phantom Chardonnay – Order a bottle here for curbside pick up in our West Springfield location.