Thyme-Infused Gin & Tonic
2 ounces dry gin (We recommend Gunpowder Irish Gin)
1 ounce lemon-flavored liqueur
1 oz Thyme Syrup (see directions)
1/2 lime, juiced
1/3 cup tonic water
2-3 cucumber hearts (see directions)
2-3 pink peppercorns, for garnish
1. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway-full with ice. Add gin, lemon liqueur, thyme syrup and lime juice. Shake to combine flavors; strain into a glass and add tonic and ice.
2. Serve garnished with cucumber hearts, thyme sprigs and peppercorns.
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1/2 cup sugar,1/2 cup water and thyme sprigs; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes or until room temperature. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and strain mixture through a fine sieve.
3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
1. Cut a cucumber in half.
2. Working with one half, make 3 thin slices, but do not cut all the way through. On the fourth slice cut, all the way through.
3. Fan slices out slightly and fold the second and third slices inward to form a heart.