Burger with Grilled Portobellos, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Blue Cheese
“When I make this burger, I grill almost every part of it: the burger, the mushrooms, the onions, and the rolls. That little bit of char brings out the very best in my first and favorite Josh wine: our Cabernet Sauvignon.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
- 4 6-ounce fresh hamburger patties
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/2 rings
- Oil for brushing
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Small bunch of watercress
- 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hearty rolls, split
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the portobellos and onions with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for approximately five minutes per side or until dark grill marks have formed and slightly softened. Set aside and once cool enough to manage, thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Season burger patties with salt and pepper and grill until desired doneness.
- Add the burgers to the buns and divide the topping ingredients evenly over the burgers and serve.
Our Cabernet Sauvignon was the first wine we made. This is the wine that started it all, setting the exacting standards that we hold ourselves to for all of our varietals. Round and juicy, our Cabernet Sauvignon has flavors of blackberry, toasted hazelnut and cinnamon, complemented by hints of vanilla and toasted oak.