Salted Caramel Whiskey Apple Crisp
- ¾ Cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup instant oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 6 large Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons Foggy Mountain Salted Caramel Whiskey
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F degrees. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon & salt.
- Add the butter and cut it in using a pastry cutter or rub the butter into the dry ingredients using your fingers. It should be crumbly in texture, but no large chunks of butter should remain. Place in the fridge as you make the filling.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into thin slices.
- Whisk together the melted butter, flour, whiskey, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg. Pour over the sliced apples and toss to coat.
- Spoon the apples into the greased pan. Crumble the oatmeal crumble evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are bubbling around the edges of the pan.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with Salted Caramel Whiskey sauce, if desired.
Salted Caramel Whiskey Sauce
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons Foggy Mountain Salted Caramel Whiskey, divided
- Pinch of salt
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, whisking often, about 3 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.