Our Apple Cider Margarita is a versatile cocktail that can served hot or cold. Regardless of your preparation preference, the warm fall flavors of apple and spices is sure to warm you up!
- 3 oz Spiced Apple Cider (premade or *homemade [see below for instructions, requires additional ingredients])
- 2 oz 100% agave Tequila (we used Lunazul)
- 1 oz Apple Brandy (we used E&J)
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- Drizzle of Honey (optional)
- Cinnamon Stick and/or Star Anise for garnish (optional)
- Cinnamon Sugar for rim (if making cold variation)
*Make spiced cider at home by simmering 32oz apple cider and 1/4 of a bag of mulling spices (or cloves, all spice berries, and cinnamon stick) on stovetop for 3-5 minutes. Alternatively, heat 3oz apple cider and a small handful of spices in heatproof mug/cup in microwave for 1:30-2:00.
- Combine hot cider, tequila, brandy, lemon juice, and honey (if using) into heatproof mug/cup. Stir thoroughly for a few seconds before drinking.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and/or star anise.
Allow heated cider to cool before use.
- Rim the serving glass with lemon juice, then dredge the glass in cinnamon sugar.
- Combine ingredients in a shaker full of ice. Shake well to combine.
Strain over ice and garnish.